The Set Manager allows you to manage the sets you have created. You can duplicate, rename, chart, delete and publish sets. You can also chart, delete and make private copies of sets which have been made public by other people.
- On the New page of the Data Soures Task Pane, select Set Manager.
To manage your sets locally, select a set in the Private
- To rename a set - select the set you wish to rename, press F2 and enter the new name. The set name must be unique.
- To copy an existing set - select the set you wish to copy and click Duplicate. A set is created called Copy ofset name. If a set of this name already exists, it will be called Copy (2) of set name. Rename the set to your required name as described above.
- To delete a set - select the set you wish to delete and click Delete. A message appears asking for confirmation that you want to perform the deletion. Click Yes to continue with the deletion.
- To view the contents of a set or remove items from the set - select the set and click Edit. A dialog is displayed listing the contents of the selected set. Double-click on an item in the list to see its database information. To remove items from the set, select the items and click Remove. You cannot add items to the set from within this dialog. To add an item to a set, refer to Creating and editing sets.
- To chart the contents of a set - select the set whose contents you wish to chart and click Chart or double-click on the set name. The items of the set are added to the chart and selected. Any items in the set that are already on the chart are also selected.
- To publish a set - select it and click Publish. The set is copied into the public data store.
To copy a shared set into your private area:
- Click the Public tab to display the sets which are shared between people.
- Select the set you wish to copy into your private area and click Private Copy. The set will be copied into your private area with the same name. If a set of this name already exists, it will be called Copy of set name. You can also chart public sets by selecting the set and clicking Chart or double-clicking on the set name.
- When you have finished, click Close.