Subscribing to entity and link publications
Create push or named pull subscriptions for an entity and link database.
- Start a new subscription of the required type. The subscription should be as
Option Description Publication The database that contains the iBase entity and link data at the Publisher. Subscription database The existing entity and link database at the Subscriber.Select the following options for the subscription:
- Set the Merge Agent for the Subscriber to run at the required frequency, for example a polling interval of 1 second.
- Verify that the snapshot has been applied by checking that a rowguid column exists in one of the user tables selected for the article. If this column is missing, check that the snapshot has been applied.
- Test that replication is working correctly for the new subscription. Use one of the user-defined tables:
- Restrict access to the tables in the SQL Server database. See the Administration Center document Managing Access Control, for details. The information in this document applies to all types of iBase database.
- Back up the databases. For more information, see:
- Tell the iBase administrator that the security data at the Subscriber is configured for replication.