Back up and restore replicated databases
It is important to establish a backup policy that covers all the elements of a replicated iBase database.
The following artifacts must be completed at all sites:
- The iBase security connection file (ids file)
- The iBase database connection file (idb file)
- The iBase database and application folders - the locations of database templates, Analyst's Notebook templates, icons
- Distribution database
- Publication databases
- Subscription databases
- SQL Server system databases (the primary, msdb, and model databases)
- SQL Server replication scripts
For information about backing up SQL Server databases, see the Microsoft™ SQL Server documentation.