You may want to send your chart to another person who will not be able to connect to the database. In this case you may want to add more database information to the chart, for example by adding the information onto a card.
To put the relevant entities onto a chart and populate the cards using data from the iBridge records:
- Add the required data to the Analyst's Notebook chart if you have not already done so. See Searching the database and viewing database properties for details.
- Make sure that everything is selected in Analyst’s Notebook: from the Edit menu, select Select All.
Then do one of the following:
- On the Selection page of the Data Sources Task Pane, click Populate Cards.
- Right-click on one of the selected chart items and from the shortcut menu, select , where database is the name of the iBridge database.
- Click on the chart background to deselect all the chart items.
To check that the cards are now populated:
- Right-click on one of the chart items and, from the shortcut menu, select Edit Item Properties. The Edit Icon dialog is displayed.
- Select Cards\Card1: entity_name to display the contents of Card 1.
- The Source Reference box on the card will contain the name of the iBridge database where the information originated. If the grades were defined in iBridge Designer, the grades are set from the iBridge database. If the iBridge database grades do not match the grades in your chart, or the grades were not defined in iBridge Designer, the grade is set as the last grade available. Click OK.
Save the chart. You now have a saved chart, with populated cards, that could be
given to anyone who has access to Analyst’s Notebook or Chart Reader.
Note: If you subsequently update your database, the card on a chart item will not be updated. If you perform another Populate Cards operation on that chart item and the information has changed, a second card will be created. In this way, you can record the history of changes.