Reporting in HTML
You can share your iBase reports using your organization’s intranet, or the internet. To do this, you need to have your data in HTML (HyperText Markup Language) format.
You can specify some limited formatting of the report data using the options available in the report definition.
Creating a Report for the Web
- On the first page of the report wizard, enter the details of the report in the usual way.
- Click Next to display the second page and, in the Output to area, select Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and then specify a file name and location.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to close the Report Viewer, and Close to close the wizard. Do not close iBase at this stage.
You have created an HTML file containing an iBase report, and any icons and pictures have also been saved as separate graphic files. Using a text editor, or any specialist HTML editor, you can now add text and formatting using all the options that are available in HTML.
Making sure that icons and pictures remain linked to the HTML file
- Find the HTML file and open it using a web browser.
- Select and specify a new path - you must save the file in a different folder in order to resolve the links.
- Close your web browser.
- You may now close iBase if you wish.