Finding ranges of values
You can perform calculations on groups of entity or link records containing numeric and date type fields, and report the results. The calculation is performed on the values of a particular field, across all the records in the group, which is either the whole database, a query or a set. For example, you could calculate the total of all the Goods Value fields of the Crime records in a Jewelry Theft set.
About this task
The calculations you can choose from depend on the type of the selected field
- Earliest - the earliest date or time
- Latest - the latest date or time
- Lowest - the lowest numerical value
- Highest - the highest value
- Average - the average value
- Sum Of - the total value
- Standard Deviation - the standard deviation
- In the Field Calculator, specify an item type by selecting it from the list.
Specify the group of records from:
- All records to work with all records in the database of the specified entity or link type.
- Query to work with the results of a query, which you select. You can only select from queries that output records of the specified entity or link type.
- Set to work with the records contained in a set, which you select. You can only select from sets that contain records of the specified entity or link type.
- In the Fields list, click to select the field you want to perform calculations on. You can only select from numeric, date, or time type fields.
- In the Functions list, select the calculation you want to perform.
- Click Calculate.