Installing i2 iBase
You can install i2 iBase using an Installation Manager.
You should review the release notes on the i2 iBase support page to ensure your setup meets the prerequisites and system requirements. If you want to use iBase with Analyst's Notebook 10 or later, see installing i2 iBase Notebook Extension.
Before you begin
i2 iBase Geographic Information Systems Interfaces are installed with iBase. If you intend to use a mapping application with iBase, then in most cases you must install the mapping application first.
About this task
- Extract the product files from your downloaded distribution.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the root of the distribution and run Setup.exe.
Follow the prompts. You will be asked for the setup type:
Typical Installs iBase User along with its documentation. Complete Installs:
- iBase User and iBase Designer.
- All tools apart from the iBase Index Service Configuration tool and iBase Database Replication.
- All of the documentation, including the Administration Center.
Custom You can select which parts of iBase you require.
Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Note: If you installed the Coordinate Extensions option, as part of a custom installation, then the following message might display when you first start iBase:
This message indicates that a required environment variable does not exist. To resolve this problem, either log off from Windows, or restart the computer.
An application plug-in failed to load: i2 iBase Bulk Coordinate Converter.