i2 iBase GIS Interfaces
You can use i2® iBase Geographic Information System Interfaces (GIS) to connect to mapping applications. You can plot entities and links to maps and then analyze them visually using the analysis tools in the mapping application.
Sets and queries can be passed back to iBase for further analysis, and entities and links can be sent to and from i2® Analyst's Notebook®.
When you have iBase GIS Interfaces installed, and configured you can send and select data on maps from various places in iBase and Analyst's Notebook. Whenever you add data to a map or select data on a map, you need to select a mapping configuration.
- Adding new data to a map
- Use Add to Map to send records to a map, whether selected from an iBase list, set, or in the results of an iBase query or on an Analyst's Notebook chart. If the records are merged in Analyst's Notebook, all of the merged records are plotted individually.
- Selecting existing items on a map
- To select items that have already been sent to a map, select the entities or links in iBase, for
example by creating a set or a query, and then use Select on Map. All of the
selected entities and links represented by map items will be selected on the map. If the entity you
select is a merged chart item, all of the merged records will be selected on the map.
Entities and links without geocode can also be selected, but since they are not plotted to the map, they do not appear selected. To view them, display the mapping application data table.
- The Add to Map and Select on Map commands on the
menu for entity and link records, queries, and sets.Note: Some mapping applications do not support the Select on Map command.
- The menu.
- The Add to Map toolbar button.
- The in the database Explorer.
- Show iBase records for map items.
- Create iBase sets.
- Create iBase queries based on the entities and links within the selected area of the map.
- Add or expand map items to an Analyst's Notebook chart.