Setting session defaults
Your database designer can add standard fields that are present on all the entities and links in your database. You can set up default values for standard fields that will be used when items are created within the current session.
About this task
- must be set up as a standard field (available on all item types)
- cannot be set to read-only (for example system fields, ones you do not have security to write to, or fields containing calculated values
- are of the following types:
- Multi-line text
- Multi-Line Text (append-only)
- Link Strength
- Security Classification Codes
When you set up a session default, you will add the specified value for the field to each record added during a particular session, whether manually or when importing. When you create a new record, you see the fields' values already set to the default which you can override if you wish.
- In iBase User, open .
- Select the cell in the Value column for the field you want to set.
- Enter or edit the default value, or select a value from the list.
- Click OK to set the session defaults.