Enabling SSL connections in Analyst's Notebook Premium
If the i2 Analyze deployment that you are connecting to uses SSL connections, the security certificate must be available on your machine. This lets the system know that your machine is trusted.
When the i2 Analyze system was configured to use SSL connections, a security certificate was generated: i2_certificate.der. You must have access to this certificate before you can enable an SSL connection from Analyst's Notebook Premium.
Before you begin
To install the security certificate:
- Copy the extracted i2_certificate.der file to your machine.
Install the certificate:
Note: If the certificate is self-signed, you will see a warning message: The operating system cannot verify the self-signed certificate. Click Yes to accept the certificate.
- Double-click the i2_certificate.der file.
- Click Install Certificate, and then click Next.
- Click Place all certificates in the following store.
- Click Browse, and select Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
With the security certificate installed, you can connect to your stores using the HTTPS protocol. Open Analyst's Notebook Premium, and connect using the
HTTPS protocol. For more information about connecting to i2 Analyze, see Connecting i2 Analyst's Notebook Premium to i2 Analyze.
Note: If you try to connect using the HTTP protocol (http://host_name/type), you are no longer able to log in.