Installing i2 Analyst's Notebook Premium client
i2 Analyst's Notebook Premium combines a rich desktop environment with a server based chart repository, and the ability to connect to other data sources as needed. Although the server based components must be configured and deployed, the rich desktop client can be installed with a Microsoft Windows Installer.
Before you begin
- Extract the product files from your downloaded distribution.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the root of the distribution and run setup.exe.
Follow the prompts. You are asked to choose
the setup type:
- Installs Analyst's Notebook Premium with i2 Analyze support. Use the Typical installation if you would like to connect to a deployment of i2 Analyze. The Typical installation is recommended for most users.
- You can select which parts of Analyst's Notebook Premium you require.
- i2 Analyst's Notebook
- Esri Maps
- If you would like to use the embedded Esri maps features, you can select to install
these.Note: This option is not the same as the separate i2 Analyst's Notebook Connector for Esri.
- ANB Online Help and Example Materials
- If you are planning to install Analyst's Notebook Premium into an environment with limited space, you can choose to exclude the embedded help files or the example materials.
- i2 Analyze Support
- If you would like to connect to a deployment of i2 Analyze, select to install i2 Analyze support.
- i2 Analyze Schema Designer
- To design and modify the schema that is used by i2 Analyze, install i2 Analyze Schema Designer.