Release notes - Analyst's Notebook Premium 9.4.1
A high level overview of the release, listing new features, the system requirements and any known issues.
- Analyst's Notebook Premium 9.2.4
- Analyst's Notebook Premium 9.2.3
- Analyst's Notebook Connector for ESRI 8.9.12
- i2 Connect 1.1.1
- i2 Connect 1.1.0
- i2 Connect 1.0.3
Analyst's Notebook Premium 9.4.1 does not support Google Earth or Windows Server 2012.
This release of i2 Analyst's Notebook Premium makes a range of new and updated features available.
- All clients
Version 9.4.1 of Analyst's Notebook Premium includes version 4.4.1 of i2 Analyze, which enables new functionality for all client software:
- Users can filter lists of External Searches and Visual Queries by the text they contain
- Users can manage External Search and Visual Query tabs with new right-click options
- Users can control which connectors and services are visible in External Searches
- Users can force-delete sets of External Search results from the server, to support data retention policies
- Users can seed compatible External Searches with any records whose properties have the right semantic types
- External Search results are displayed in the order that they are returned from connectors
- Desktop client
Version 9.4.1 of Analyst's Notebook Premium adds the following desktop client functionality:
- Users can filter lists of Visual Queries and Alerts by the text they contain
- iBase records used as External Search seeds auto-unite with i2 Analyze records to prevent disconnected networks
- Web client
Version 9.4.1 of Analyst's Notebook Premium includes version 4.4.1 of i2 Analyze, which enables new functionality in the i2 Notebook web client:
- Users can apply styling to entities and links
- Users can get quick access to the 360 view for a record through a new right-click option
- Users can invert the current selection of records on the chart
Version 9.4.1 of Analyst's Notebook Premium includes version 4.4.1 of i2 Analyze, which brings the following changes for administrators and developers:
- Open Liberty replaces WebSphere Liberty as the Java server that i2 Analyze is distributed with and runs on
- PostgreSQL is added as supported RDBMS for the Information Store and Chart Store databases
- Administrators can choose which connectors and queries are available to groups of users in External Searches
- Connector developers can define services that accept seed records according to the semantic types of their properties
- Gateway schemas and charting schemes can be created from an iBase schema to support interop with iBase
- Other changes
In addition, the following defects have been resolved:
Note: All added features and documentation are provided in English only at this release.
- Slow first charting when logged into both i2 Analyze and iBase. [DT00117]
- Link label not picked up by Link Summarization multiple override. [DT00144]
The following system requirements should be used to ensure that the setup you are running is fully supported. Ensure that existing deployments are upgraded to currently supported versions of all the software required.
To run i2 products, you must ensure that you are using a supported operating system.
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Windows 10 Professional
- Windows 11 22H2 Enterprise
- Windows 11 22H2 Professional
- Windows 11 21H2 Enterprise
- Windows 11 21H2 Professional
- Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Edition
- Windows Server 2022 Essentials Edition
- Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition
- Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Edition
- Windows Server 2019 Essentials Edition
- Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition
- Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Edition
- Windows Server 2016 Essentials Edition
- Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition
To run i2 products, you must ensure that your environment includes the listed prerequisite software. In addition you may need to install companion software to enhance your work flow.
Co-packaged softwarei2 Analyze 4.4.1 is included within the Analyst's Notebook Premium package to manage chart storage and connections to other datasources.
- i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis 2.5.1
- i2 Connect 1.2.0
Compatible companion products
- i2 Analyze 4.4.1
- i2 iBase 9.1.2
- i2 iBridge 9.4.0
- i2 Analyst's Notebook Connector for Esri 9.4.0
- This version of Analyst's Notebook Premium uses Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) 94.4.20. Use the same version of CEF for third party plug-ins.
- Runtime Environment
Minimum version Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 4.7.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 4.8Note:
- Both Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and either Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (or later fix packs) or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 are required.
- Analyst's Notebook Premium users with third party plug-ins. Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) version incompatibility can cause errors in third party plug-ins: Within an application process the CEF component is a singleton and as such can only be initialized once. Third party plug-ins that depend on a different version to the version running within the Analyst's Notebook Premium process might experience errors. To avoid these errors, use the same version of CEF contained in Analyst’s Notebook Premium and check whether CEF is already running before starting your plug-in.
- Geographic Information systems
- ESRI Server for ArcGIS
- ESRI Server for ArcGIS version 10 and future versions, releases, and fix packs.
- Reporting and Analysis
Note: If you would like to import Excel spreadsheets, you must install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable (32-bit version).
- Microsoft Office 2016 and future fix packs
- Microsoft Office 2019 and future fix packs
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise and future fix packs
Ensure that the hardware you are installing onto meets the minimal system requirements. Depending on your environment you may wish to increase these values to improve system performance.
- Disk space
- At least 2 GB free disk space for installation plus space to store data. This figure does not include disk space that is required for prerequisites. Total disk space requirements depend on number of i2 products to be installed.
- Minimum - XGA-capable 1152 x864 high color 16 bit capable graphics card and color monitor
- Recommended - SXGA-capable 1280 x 1024 high color 16 bit capable graphics card and color monitor
- Memory RAM
- Minimum - 2 GB
- Recommended - 4 GB
- Minimum - 1.4Ghz processor
- Recommended - 2.0Ghz processor
Operating system support
|Language Group/Language||Language Collection||Support Status|
|Western Europe and USA||Basic||Supported|
|Traditional Chinese||East Asian||Supported|
|Simplified Chinese||East Asian||Supported|
|Mongolian (Cyrillic)||Complex Script||Unsupported|
i2 products support unicode data.
|Analyze (Server messages, web clients, and UI hosted in the desktop clients)||Analyst's Notebook Premium (Desktop client including Schema Designer)|
Customers who have entitlement can request copies of i2 products.
For more information, see Where can I download the latest i2 products?