Release notes - Analyst's Notebook Premium 9.4.0
A high level overview of the release, listing new features, the system requirements and any known issues.
- Google Earth
- Windows Server 2012
- Flexible importing into Analyst’s Notebook Premium charts.
- Per-user configuration of connectors for the i2 Connect gateway.
- Per-user storage of ad hoc data for i2 Analyze users.
- Sending custom alerts to i2 Analyze users programmatically, including on a schedule.
- Stored procedures for retrieving information about and deleting charts in the Chart Store.
- Visualization of time-based data using the Time Wheel.
- Automatic addition of records in i2 Maps.
- "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error when logging into i2 Connect. [DT00076]
- Error running Find Matching Entities when an attribute has a space at the end. [DT00070]
- Users cannot upload items on one chart. [DT00059]
- Analyst's Notebook Premium crashes when Bar Charts and Histograms option is opened. [DT00057]
- Bar Charts and Histograms does not refresh when inputting values in Properties. [PO09355]
- Issue with the "Stop processing subsequent actions" option in the importer. [DT00001]
- Incorrect time zone handling in Record Inspector. [DT00002]
- Import error when system matching is turned on but there is no system matching index. [DT00085]
- Product Access Management licenses are being updated. Systems that are currently using Product Access Management must request updated licenses before upgrading to this version. For more information, see Upgrading a system with IBM Product Access Management licenses.
- Russian and Hebrew translations are removed.
The following system requirements should be used to ensure that the setup you are running is fully supported. Ensure that existing deployments are upgraded to currently supported versions of all the software required.
To run i2 products, you must ensure that you are using a supported operating system.
- Windows 11 22H2 Enterprise
- Windows 11 22H2 Professional
- Windows 11 21H2 Enterprise
- Windows 11 21H2 Professional
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Windows 10 Professional
- Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Edition
- Windows Server 2019 Essentials Edition
- Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition
- Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Edition
- Windows Server 2016 Essentials Edition
- Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Edition
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition
To run i2 products, you must ensure that your environment includes the listed prerequisite software. In addition you may need to install companion software to enhance your work flow.
Co-packaged softwarei2 Analyze 4.4.0 is included within the Analyst's Notebook Premium package to manage chart storage and connections to other datasources.
- i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis 2.5.0
- i2 Connect 1.2.0
Compatible companion products
- i2 Analyze 4.4.0
- i2 iBase 9.1.0
- i2 iBridge 9.4.0
- i2 Analyst's Notebook Connector for Esri 9.4.0
- This version of Analyst's Notebook Premium uses Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) 94.4.20. Use the same version of CEF for third party plug-ins.
- Runtime Environment
Minimum version Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 4.7.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 4.8Note:
- Both Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and either Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (or later fix packs) or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 are required.
- Analyst's Notebook Premium users with third party plug-ins. Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) version incompatibility can cause errors in third party plug-ins: Within an application process the CEF component is a singleton and as such can only be initialized once. Third party plug-ins that depend on a different version to the version running within the Analyst's Notebook Premium process might experience errors. To avoid these errors, use the same version of CEF contained in Analyst’s Notebook Premium and check whether CEF is already running before starting your plug-in.
- Geographic Information systems
- ESRI Server for ArcGIS
- ESRI Server for ArcGIS version 10 and future versions, releases, and fix packs.
- Reporting and Analysis
Note: If you would like to import Excel spreadsheets, you must install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable (32-bit version).
- Microsoft Office 2016 and future fix packs
- Microsoft Office 2019 and future fix packs
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise and future fix packs
Ensure that the hardware you are installing onto meets the minimal system requirements. Depending on your environment you may wish to increase these values to improve system performance.
- Disk space
- At least 2 GB free disk space for installation plus space to store data. This figure does not include disk space that is required for prerequisites. Total disk space requirements depend on number of i2 products to be installed.
- Minimum - XGA-capable 1152 x864 high color 16 bit capable graphics card and color monitor
- Recommended - SXGA-capable 1280 x 1024 high color 16 bit capable graphics card and color monitor
- Memory RAM
- Minimum - 2 GB
- Recommended - 4 GB
- Minimum - 1.4Ghz processor
- Recommended - 2.0Ghz processor
Operating system support
|Language Group/Language||Language Collection||Support Status|
|Western Europe and USA||Basic||Supported|
|Traditional Chinese||East Asian||Supported|
|Simplified Chinese||East Asian||Supported|
|Mongolian (Cyrillic)||Complex Script||Unsupported|
i2 products support unicode data.
|Analyze (Server messages, web clients, and UI hosted in the desktop clients)||Analyst's Notebook Premium (Desktop client including Schema Designer)|
Customers who have entitlement can request copies of i2 products.
For more information, see Where can I download the latest i2 products?