Logging in to iBase
When you log in to iBase, you open a security file that defines the permissions for the user account to which you are logged on. The security file connection is closed when you log out.
When you are logged on to a security file, depending on the permissions of the user account, you can:
- Open one of the databases controlled by the current security file.
- Change your password.
- Create a database from a template.
- Change the local iBase instance, for example:
- Plug-ins available.
- Basic, charting, and advanced settings for using iBase.
- Recently used databases listed on the File menu.
- Select .
Browse for the security file to open.
Note: The file name ends with *.ids.
- Click Open.
- If the Logon screen is displayed, enter your iBase username and password.
- Click OK