Installing i2 iBase
You can install i2 iBase using an Installation Manager. Ensure that the system that you are installing iBase on matches the system requirements.
- You must install the mapping application before you install iBase. For example, if you install the Microsoft MapPoint interface before you install the MapPoint application, you will see the "Component not correctly registered" warning after you complete the interface installation.
- Extract the product files from your downloaded distribution.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the root of the distribution and run setup.exe.
Follow the prompts. You will be asked for the setup type:
Typical Installs iBase User along with its documentation Complete Installs:
- iBase User and iBase Designer
- All tools apart from the iBase Index Service Configuration tool and iBase Database Replication.
- All of the documentation, including the Administration Center.
Custom You can select which parts of iBase you require.
Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Note: If you installed the Coordinate Extensions option, as part of a custom installation, then the following message might display when you first start iBase:
This message indicates that a required environment variable does not exist. To resolve this problem, either log off from Windows, or restart the computer.
An application plug-in failed to load: i2 iBase Bulk Coordinate Converter.