Importing from OLE-DB data sources
To import from an external data source, such as Oracle, Microsoft™ SQL Server, or Microsoft Access, iBase must connect to the data source, which it does through facilities in Microsoft Windows™.
- Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider (for Microsoft Access databases)
- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle
- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
- The server name.
- Whether Windows Integrated security is used or whether you must enter a username and password.
- Which method to use to select the database.
- In Step 1 of the import wizard, select OLE-DB Compliant Data Source. Click Next.
- In the Connection area, click OLE-DB Data Source.
- On the Provider page, select Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider.
Enter the connection details for the Microsoft Access database:
- Click the Connection tab to display the Connection page.
- Enter the location of the Microsoft Access database and if required, the username and password for logging on to the Access database.
- Click Test Connection.
If the database is an iBase Microsoft Access database, enter the iBase database password: display the All page, select Jet OLEDB:Database Password, click Edit Value, and enter the password. You can obtain the password from iBase Designer.
- Click OK. The OLE-DB Data Source changes to bold to indicate a connection is added (although not that the connection is correct).
- From the Source list, select the Microsoft Access table.
- Click Next to continue in the usual way.