Importing from Microsoft Excel worksheets
You can import data from Microsoft™ Excel spreadsheets, one worksheet at a time. If you would like to import multiple files, or multiple worksheets from the same file, create multiple import specifications.
When you import from Microsoft Excel files, you must:
- Format the worksheet consistently because iBase derives the formats for dates, times, and numbers from the worksheet.
- The first row of the worksheet must contain the field names.
- The last field of every row in a Microsoft Excel worksheet must be populated with data. If necessary, create a dummy column and populate every cell in that column - you can ignore this row later when you assign the source data to iBase fields.
- In the Source area on the first page of the import wizard, click Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet and then click Next.
- Enter the path of the spreadsheet or browse for it. The worksheets are loaded alphabetically.
Select the worksheet that you would like to use from the Sheet
Note: If you change the names or the order of the worksheets, click Refresh to update the list of worksheets in the import wizard.
- Select the worksheet and then click Next to continue.