Creating import specifications
An import specification defines the types of record that should be created from a set of data. You must use an import specification for each import that you want to complete.
Before you can import any data, you need to define:
- The type of data you want to import.
- The type and format of the source data
- How you want to manipulate the source data (optional)
- How you want to validate the source data and match it to existing records.
- How you want to record the results of the import (optional)
Regardless of your progress in creating an import specification, you can:
- Save the current specification.
- Add or view a description of the specification.
Note: To modify an existing import specification; on the first step of the import wizard, click Load.