Running a seeded query
To run a query that supports seeds against an external data source, you must first understand the kinds of seeds that it requires, and select some on an Analyst's Notebook chart. When you satisfy the requirements, the query becomes available for use.
- Follow the general procedure for searching external sources as far as Step 3: Open the External Searches window and select a query.
When a query supports or requires seeds, the pane on the right of the Queries page describes what you must select:
- Seed type constraints
- The types of seeds that the query uses, and the number of each type.
- Seed count limits
- Lower and upper boundaries (if any) on the total number of seeds.
- Seed data sources
- The data sources from which seeds must originate.
If one of these headings is not in the list, then the selected query has no requirements of that kind.
- Select chart items that meet the requirements of the seeded query.
- Select the query and then click Open or Copy to chart, depending on whether the seeded query also supports or requires parameters.