Creating an example with the Chart Store
An installation of i2 Analyze includes example settings for deploying the server with the Chart Store. This topic describes how to use those settings in an example deployment.
Install i2 Analyze and any software prerequisites. For more information, see Installing i2 Analyze. To deploy the Chart Store, you need either IBM® Db2® or Microsoft™ SQL Server 2019. You do not need IBM HTTP Server.
If you are using SQL Server, download the Microsoft JDBC Driver 7.4 for SQL Server archive from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58505. Extract the contents of the download, and locate the sqljdbc_7.4\enu\mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre11.jar file.
The following procedure describes how to create an example deployment of i2 Analyze with the Chart Store. The i2® Analyze toolkit contains an example configuration for the deployment. The
deployExample task generates the default values for the mandatory settings and deploys the platform.
- The user name is Jenny
- The password is Jenny
Create the configuration directory:
Navigate to the \toolkit\examples\configurations\chart-storage directory.
This directory contains the preconfigured files that you need to deploy a system that uses the Chart Store to store Analyst's Notebook charts.
Copy the configuration
directory to the root of the toolkit.
For example, C:\i2\i2analyze\toolkit\configuration.
- Navigate to the \toolkit\examples\configurations\chart-storage directory.
- Copy the example topology.xml file for SQL Server from the toolkit\configuration\examples\topology\sqlserver to the toolkit\configuration\environment directory. Overwrite the existing topology.xml file in the destination directory.
- Copy the mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre11.jar file that you downloaded to the toolkit\configuration\environment\common\jdbc-drivers directory.
Specify the credentials to use for the
- Using a text editor, open the toolkit\configuration\environment\credentials.properties file.
- Enter the user name and password to use with the database.
- Enter a user name and password to use for Solr.
- Enter a password to use to encrypt LTPA tokens.
- Save and close the credentials.properties file.
- If you are using IBM
Db2 11.5.6 Fix Pack 0 or later, you might need to
update the port number that is used in the
file.By default, i2 Analyze is deployed to connect to Db2 using port 50000. In version 11.5.6 Fix Pack 0 and later, the default port that Db2 uses is changed to 25000. For more information about the ports that Db2 uses, see Db2 server TCP/IP port numbers.
- Using an XML editor, open the toolkit\configuration\environment\topology.xml file.
- In the
<database>element, set the value of the
port-numberattribute to 25000.
- Save and close the topology.xml file.
Run the setup script to create the example deployment.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the toolkit\scripts directory.
To deploy the example, run the following command:
setup -t deployExample
To start the Liberty server, run the
setup -t start
When you start i2 Analyze, the URI that you can use to connect to the deployment is displayed in the console. For example:
Install Analyst's Notebook Premium and connect to your deployment. For more information, see Connecting clients.