Deploying a proxy server for use with i2 Analyze
When you deploy i2 Analyze, the
application is bound to the local server on port
9082. Clients can use the
hostname, IP address of the server, or
localhost to connect to the
deployment. To work with your existing network, or
for load-balancing purposes, you can deploy a
proxy server or load balancer for use with i2
- Populate the
X-Forwarded-Protoheaders on requests
- Specify a single connection string for the
FrontEndURIsetting in the i2 Analyze configuration
- Handle WebSocket requests and keep the WebSocket connection alive for longer than 180 seconds.
- Pass through any security configurations (for example client certificate authentication) to the i2 Analyze server. You must enable this according to the documentation for your proxy server.
- If you want to use the
X-Forwardedheaders, the proxy server or load balancer must be able to populate them.
- If you are planning to deploy i2 Analyze with high availability, your load balancer must also provide server persistence. For more information, see Deploying a load balancer.
To allow users to connect by using the URI of
the proxy server or load balancer, you can
X-Forwarded-Proto headers or
specify the URI in the i2 Analyze configuration.
If you configure the connection URI for your
deployment, users that connect to i2 Analyze must
use the URI that you specify.
If your application has the
http-server-host attribute set to
true in the
topology.xml, your proxy
server is not required to route requests to the
port number the application is listening on.
- To use the
X-Forwardedheaders to allow clients to connect to the deployment:
After you configure the X-Forwarded headers, you do not need to redeploy i2 Analyze. The URI that is displayed in the console will remain the same.
- Configure your proxy server or load
balancer to populate the
X-Forwarded-Protoheaders with the hostname and protocol that was used to connect to the proxy server or load balancer.
- Configure your proxy server or load balancer to populate the
- To specify a single connection
After you update the connection URI, you can either modify other aspects of the deployment toolkit or redeploy the system to update the deployment with your changes. After you deploy i2 Analyze and start the server, the URI that can be used to access the system is displayed in the console.
- Using a text editor, open the toolkit\configuration\fragments\opal-services\WEB-INF\classes\DiscoClientSettings.properties file.
- Set the value of the
FrontEndURIproperty to the URI that can be used to connect to your deployment of i2 Analyze through the proxy server.For example,
- Save and close the file.