Creating the test environment
In the test environment, you deploy i2 Analyze with the configuration that you developed previously. With i2 Analyze deployed in the test environment, you can perform comprehensive testing of the deployment to confirm that it meets your production requirements.
- The toolkit\configuration directory from the pre-production environment
- Liberty user configuration, for example the server.xml file
- Any configuration that you completed in the Information Store database. For example, your merged property values definition views.
- Any certificates and certificate stores that are required
- Install any prerequisite software to
prepare your servers for the test
environment.For the test environment, use the same deployment topology as in your pre-production environment. For more information, see Deployment topologies.
- Copy the toolkit\configuration directory from the pre-production environment to the toolkit directory at the root of the deployment toolkit on the Liberty server in the test environment.
- Update the
values for any configuration settings that are
specific to the
environment.environment.properties, http-server.properties, and topology.xml contain settings that you might need to update. For more information, see Configuration files reference.
- If your deployment uses a proxy server or load balancer to route requests from clients, ensure that it is configured for use with i2 Analyze. Specify the URI that clients use to connect to i2 Analyze.For more information, see Deploying a proxy server for use with i2 Analyze.
- Deploy and start i2 Analyze:
- Configure Liberty
security for your environment. To do this, repeat
any changes that you made to the Liberty
configuration in the previous
environment.This might involve copying the user registry file, or updating the server.xml file.
- Complete any
configuration changes in the Information Store
- If you created any rules or schedules to delete records by rule, replicate the rules and schedules in the current environment.
- If you created any merged property values definition views for your ingestion process, replicate the view definitions in the current environment.
For information about testing i2 Analyze, see Testing your deployment.